Thursday, October 3, 2013

Cookies and Cream Fudge and Facebook


I did it. I went back. I rejoined the world of Facebook and this time I brought my blog along for the ride! So if you're a fan of Sugabuttacream head on over to my page and 'like' away!


Now this recipe was bittersweet for me, trust me it is super delicious and seriously sweet in every way, but it just depends what your definition of 'fudge' is. To me, fudge should be solid at room temp, kind of crumble a bit when you bite it and just melt in your mouth, you get that kind of fudge from boiling sugar to just the right temperature.


This fudge is soft, and if you left it at room temperature I'm sure it would melt even softer. Don't get me wrong it is crazy good! But I'm going to go ahead and classify it as 'soft fudge' just so there is no future confusion. Cookies and cream is a classic flavour that I love, but you could add just about anything to this and it would be just as good.

Cookies and Cream Fudge

Adapted from Sugar For the Brain

What you will need


1 tin Condensed milk (395ml)
510g White chocolate
2 packets Oreos, crushed


What you will need to do


Prepare a slice tin by lining it with baking paper, set aside. In a heatproof bowl place the condensed milk and chocolate. Place over a small saucepan of barely simmering water (don't let the water touch the bowl) and let the chocolate melt. Stir to remove any lumps. Add the Oreos and mix to combine. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and spread to fill the tin and level out the top. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours to set.


No comments:

Post a Comment