Sunday, November 4, 2012

Banana Pancakes


Mmmm pancake time! Fluffy pancakes are my favourite, there's nothing worse than a flat oily pancake, ew. I had some ripe bananas going to waste on my bench so I knew it was time for a banana recipe. I've never had a reliable fluffy pancake recipe until now. I love buttermilk pancakes but I never have buttermilk on hand when I feel like making them.


Banana Pancakes

(Recipe adjusted from Allrecipes.com)

What you will need


1 cup plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 cup milk
1 tsp vinegar
3 egg yolks
3 egg whites
2 over ripe bananas, peeled and mashed with a fork
Oil and butter for frying


What you will need to do


In a small bowl combine milk and vinegar and set aside. In another bowl combine flour, baking powder and sugar. Add egg yolks, banana and milk mixture and stir until combined. In a separate bowl whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold egg whites into the rest of the mixture. 

Heat a frypan to medium heat and add some oil and butter to cover the base. Using a scoop (or measuring cup in my case) put half a cup of mixture into frypan.


Cook for a few minutes until bubbles start to appear in the pancake. Using a spatula flip the pancake over.


Cook for a few minutes on the other side until brown.


Take out of pan and place on a plate covered in paper towel to absorb any extra oil. Repeat the process until all of the mixture is used. 

I served mine with cream and golden syrup but you can top with any of your favourite pancake toppings.




No comments:

Post a Comment